A departmental team begins an annual strategic planning session by completing a “Team Visioning” session. Team members are invited to reflect on how they can contribute fully to the vision process by completing a series of three statements:
- The value of my perspective lies in…
- My vision is…
- My biggest hope for this process is…
Each team member then creates a visual collage which represents his or her responses to the statements. The group begins the planning session with each team member explaining his or her collage.
|PERSONAL VISUAL COLLAGE
Focus: Visual processing exercise designed to encourage personal reflection and elicit sharing in partner and group exercises.
- Develop the statements to be completed by learners as they develop their collage. See examples of prompt statements mentioned earlier.
- Instruct learners to use the materials provided to create visual representations of their personal responses to the prompt.
- Invite learners to form small groups to share their collages.
Trainer Script: “To encourage reflection, I am going to invite you to reflect upon the following: <share question or prompt>. On the table in the back of the room, you will find images and the necessary tools needed to create a visual representation of your reflections. Your task is to create a visual collage that you will use to share your insights with the group.”
- Magazines with colorful images and interesting headlines
- Poster boards or personal journals
- Glue sticks