4MAT® Advanced Instructional Design
2-day live course + online coaching
June 5 - 6, 2013 | Bucharest, Romania
Early-bird tuition — $950.00 USD before April 22, 2013
Regular tuition — $1,250.00 USD after April 22, 2013
The 4MAT Advanced Instructional Design
certification program is an intensive two-day experience which delivers practical
application grounded in solid brain research.
Since 1979, the 4MAT® model has become one of the most widely used instructional design models in the world. The 4MAT Learning Type Measure® has been used to assess learning style preferences for over 2 million people.
4MAT is a whole brain model for engaging all learning styles and improving performance through effective instructional design, instructional delivery, communication and leadership. With over thirty years of research, 4MAT is a proven model for designing learning that engages every learner and produces focused, measurable impact.
Leadership Excellence's 2012 Best in Leadership Development Top 500 at #39
For the first time, 4MAT 4Business® will be hosting their flagship instructional certification program,
Advanced Instructional Design, in Bucharest, Romania.
This program is an exciting opportunity to bring instructional design training to the European learning and development community based on the most recent brain research coupled with years of practical application in global organizations.
In the 4MAT Advanced Instructional Design course, you will learn how to confidently apply the 4MAT 8-step advanced instructional design
model to accelerate design time while delivering high-impact, measurable
learning results applied to your real-world training content.
|Invest In Yourself.
Join the dynamic group of learning professionals
and organizations from all over the world that are
embracing the power of 4MAT.
- » objectives
- » course details & agenda
- » your program facilitator
- » location & travel
- Enable learner self-assessment
- Incorporate visual tools to enhance retention
- Develop lecture within the limits of human attention
- Conceptualize content to create a cohesive design flow
- Link activity choices to clearly defined learning outcomes
- Accelerate design and deliver measurable learning results
- Effectively use games, case studies, job aids and simulations
- Filter through content to determine essential vs. non-essential
- Developing hands-on practice which links to measurable outcomes
- Design engaging interactive openings that establish personal relevance
- Gain learner commitment with clear action plans and follow-up strategies
- Engage all learning styles using the 4MAT 8-step instructional design model
- Understand what current brain research tells us about sound instructional design
- Balance emphasis on right-brain and left-brain processing and structure lecture to work with the brain
- Work with subject-matter-experts to identify how to transfer high-performance behaviors
- Refine designs using the 4MAT Scaling Criteria and assess instructional design on 6 key points
You’ll create your next instructional design using the 4MAT model. We’ll do it the old fashioned way — on paper. And, we’ll set you up with our web-based training design software, 4MATion®. You’ll leave with a deep understanding of what it takes to create transformative learning.
Day one topics:
9 am - 4:30 pm
- Assess your training strengths in all four styles
- Learn stretching strategies to reach all learners
- Integrate right-brain strategies to increase retention
- Identify what each learner needs in a learning experience
- Apply the Four Questions You Must Answer in Every Design
- Explore Painful and Successful Strategies for all Learner Styles
- Analyze the thinking balance within groups—a visual exercise
- Apply underutilized brain-friendly strategies: stories, images and metaphors
Day two topics:
9 am - 4:00 pm
The Online Design Practice Sessions:
- Analyze examples of real-world 4MAT designs
- 6 Points to reflect on when assessing your design
- What the learner and the trainer are doing in each of the 8-steps
- Create designs using the 8-steps and choose your content for your original design
- Use the Strategy Checker and assessment rubrics to assess and refine your design
- Practice on identifying concepts—the overarching idea that organizes your design and delivery using movies, marketing and real-world content
- Develop a mindmap and concept for your individual design and complete your individual design
- Session One (60 min)—assessing outcomes and concepts
- Session Two (60 min)—assessing the 8-steps
Participants will have access after the 2-day live course to create designs using
4MATion® online instructional design tool (included with this course).
| Course tuition includes:
- Participant guide
- 4MAT Training Design Kit
- “Successful Meeting” planner
- 4MAT Learning Type Measure® learning style assessment
- Access to the 4MATion® online instructional design center
- 4MAT Hemispheric Mode Indicator® learning style assessment
- ASTD (American Society for Training and Development) Press bestseller, Hold On, You Lost Me, Use Learning Styles to Create Training that Sticks by Bernice McCarthy and Jeanine O’Neill-Blackwell
Jeanine O’Neill-Blackwell is the President/CEO of 4MAT 4Business®, a performance improvement company that provides training and tools for leaders, managers, instructional designers and trainers on how to effectively communicate, lead, train and coach using the awardwinning 4MAT Learning and Leadership Cycle. The results her company has achieved working with many amazing organizations such as 3M, Estée Lauder, American Family Insurance, Humana, Blue Cross, Granite Construction, and The Center for Creative Leadership has been recognized in Leadership Excellence’s 2012 Best in Leadership Development Top 500 at #39.
Jeanine is the co-author of Hold On, You Lost Me! Use Learning Styles to Create Training that Sticks, published by ASTD Press. Her most recent book, Engage, The Trainer’s Guide to Learning Styles is an Amazon #1 bestseller. She is the author of numerous articles on applying neuroscience to training and leadership.
Crowne Plaza Bucharest
Bulevardul Poligrafiei 1
Bucharest, 013704 Romania
+40 21 224 0034
View Larger Map