|4MAT® Trainer Certification Path
Roll over the images to choose a 2-day or 3-day training program.
4MAT® Advanced Instructional Design
2-day live course
November 12 - 13, 2014 | New Orleans, LA
Early Bird: $850 by October 15
Early Bird Code: AID100
Be THE Performance-Based Instructional Design Expert.
This 2-day course provides a no-fail template for consistently creating learning experiences that transform the learner and produce measurable results every time you train. You will learn how to easily apply the 4MAT 8-step instructional design training model, one of the most respected instructional design methods in the country, and use powerful time-saving steps to cut through the clutter and produce better learning results.
Equally important, 4MAT creates a common language a training team can use to increase collaboration and speed up the design process.
You will learn how to:
- Define the measurable results your course will deliver
- Zone in on the success behaviors that will deliver results
- Identify what the learner needs to know to be equipped for action
- Design activities that engage every learning style
Register by October 15 and
receive $100 off your tuition.
Use Early Bird Code
AID100 at checkout.
Hosted by Jeanine O'Neill-Blackwell
President/CEO, 4MAT 4Business®
- » what you will learn
- » location + travel
- » course schedule
- » course materials
You will learn how to:
- Build assessment of results into your design
- Choose activities that deliver the desired learning outcome
- Maximize your learning style strengths when designing instruction
- Use powerful right-brain retention strategies to enhance learning
- Create powerful openings that grab the learner and engage commitment
- Expand your instructional design strategies to engage all learning styles
- Design practice activities that “wire” the brain to implement key skills
- Engage and equip every learning style with what they need to be successful
- Effectively use interactive games, case studies, job aids and simulations
- Define performance-based, measurable outcomes that speed up the design process
- Develop whole-brain instruction using a simple 8-step instructional design blueprint
- Ask powerful questions before you begin course design to laser focus on the right results
- Gain learner commitment with implementation/action plans that “push out” in the real world
- Filter through your content to determine what is essential to include to generate results (and what can be left out)
|"4MAT is the most effective training design process I’ve ever used ... The 4MAT structure helps me design learning experiences that engage all kinds of learners in their comfort zones and stretch them into areas they might not otherwise go. My designs have definitely moved to the next level ..."
|Get inspired. Meet us in New Orleans.
Tap into your creative mode.
Unleash your creativity in a learning environment that combines the inspiration of compelling art and architecture with the tranquility of centuries-old oak trees.
New Orleans Museum of Art
1 Collins Diboll Circle
New Orleans, LA 70124
Hotels: Experience the French Quarter.
It’s easy to see nothing more than the inside of a hotel conference room when you travel. Music, food, art, history – it’s all here.
Courtyard Marriott – In the French Quarter
Getting from the Airport.
You will fly into the New Orleans airport. Taxi fare from the airport to the French Quarter is an estimated $35.
Shuttle transportation daily to and from the Courtyard Marriott directly to the training workshop location will be provided.
I can help. Email Helen Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org
You’ll create your next instructional design using the 4MAT model. We’ll do it the old fashioned way – on paper. And, we’ll set you up with our web-based training design software, 4MATion®. You’ll leave with a deep understanding of what it takes to create transformative learning.
Day One: 9 am - 4:30 pm
- Assess your design and refine
- Integrate right-brain strategies to increase retention
- Assess your design strengths in engaging all four styles
- Identify what each learner needs in a learning experience
- Create a 4MAT-based instructional design using the 8-step blueprint
- Expand your inventory of activities and teaching strategies to reach all learn
- Apply current whole-brain learning methods to increase learning retention
- Include brain-friendly strategies into your design: stories, images and metaphors
Day Two: 9 am - 4:30 pm
- Build your Learning Action Plan
- Learn to identify the “concept” which engages your audience
- Use the “6 Points” to assess and improve your designs before you deliver
- Follow the 8 Steps to Design and create an instructional course using your content
- Identify measurable outcomes that will deliver the desired performance result
- Use the Strategy Checker and assessment rubrics to assess and refine your design
- Use 4MATion®, a web-based instructional design tool which offers in-the-moment learning support, to create your design
- Advanced Instructional Design participant guide
- Successful Meetings tool – use this to plan your next meeting
- 4MAT Training Design Kit – step-by-step job aid to create your designs
- 4MAT Hemispheric Mode Indicator® – discover your right- and left-brain bias
- 4MAT Learning Type Measure® training assessment – leverage your learning style strengths
- ASTD (American Society for Training and Development) Press bestseller, Hold On, You Lost Me, Use Learning Styles to Create Training that Sticks by Bernice McCarthy and Jeanine O'Neill-Blackwell
BONUS: FREE One-year subscription to 4MATion®
4MATion® is a web-based tool which guides you step-by-step through designing your courses using 4MAT. (Value: $299)
How It Works:
- Input your outcomes
You will define four critical learning outcomes that will guide the training design process. The 4MAT Design Wizard will help you choose the most powerful training activities based on your outcomes.
- Follow the 10-step wizard
The Design Wizard leads you step-by-step through creating a 4MAT brain-based training design. When
you are complete, you will have a 4MAT “Wheel” that overviews the design and a detailed leader
guide complete with attached files such as PowerPoints.
- Import training activities from the Activity Bank
As you begin to choose training activities, you can access the 100+ activities included in the 4MAT
Activity Bank. With a single click, 4MATion will import the activity details, facilitator script and materials
needed directly into the training design and leader guide you are building.
- Get help and inspiration 24/7
For each step in the design process, you can access help and education features including training
design tips, examples of training activities and on-demand train-the-trainer videos.
- Build your own customized, printable leader guide, as you design
When you complete the 10-step wizard, you will also develop a printable Leader Guide which includes
an overview, learning outcomes and step-by-step facilitator notes. You can import images, choose
fonts and customize, as you like.
- Assess your design
After you complete your training design, you can use the 4MAT® Assessment Checker to assess each
training design step. You can also invite others to share feedback.
- Attach related files – including PowerPoints, images and handouts
You can upload other file documents for storage in the web-based library. This makes organizing
training materials easy and accessible from anywhere.
- Access your 4MATion Library from any Internet connection
Using your unique username and password, you can access your training materials from any computer
with Internet access.
- Share your training
The 4MATion Training Library stores and protects all of your training designs. You determine who can
view your work. If you work with a team of designers, a group Training Library can be created for shared
training design access.